THE ALCHEMY OF ACTING
THE ALCHEMY OF ACTING
STREAMING SERIES & 2 BOOKs
THE ALCHEMY OF ACTING – the streaming series and 2 books – came about after many heartfelt dialogues with fellow actors and storytellers.
Lisa had the idea of writing a book about the alchemy of acting for performers as well as those who deal with performers or anyone interested in human interaction, storytelling, and metaphysics. Lisa has had some fascinating metaphysical experiences while acting (and there are plenty of photos of Lisa with unexplained phenomena).
She studied all the acting techniques of all the great masters from Konstantin Stanislavsky, Lee Strasberg, Stella Adler, Bertolt Brecht, Sanford Meisner, Uta Hagen and others. She primarily uses the Michael Chekhov Technique. The current global interest in spirituality, supernatural and metaphysical storytelling is at an all-time high never before seen across all formats. So the timing is perfect for this project!
Then Lisa’s vision evolved into the idea of also doing a single documentary film that would interview actors on this fascinating topic sharing their stories on camera. Lisa tossed this idea around to some of her actor friends and after the overwhelmingly enthusiastic response…and them also saying they knew of someone else who’d want to do it…it snowballed into a series because there are simply too many people with too many amazing stories to fit it all into a single documentary.
If you have a favorite actor that you’d like to see in this project, email Lisa with your suggestion and we will take it into consideration. Announcements will be coming soon and more info as soon as we have it.
Then, Lisa had the idea of taking portrait photos of these actors (many high-profile) while shooting the on-camera interviews and making a special oversized coffee table book of beautiful portraits (with quotes and bios of the featured actors).
Some of the proceeds would then be donated to a charity. Lisa asked her very dear photographer friend if he’d do the portraits and work on this book with her. He immediately said, “YES!”
Well, this friend is the legendary photographer Dr. Andy Gotts MBE who is famous for his celebrity portraits and campaigns. Below is just a little bit about this enormous talent who is now a part of this project.
ABOUT ANDY GOTTS
- The National Portrait Gallery holds a selection of his photographs in their permanent collection and in 2009 Gotts was honored with the presentation of the Fox Talbot Award.
- In 2011 Gotts was conferred the degree Doctor of Arts by De Montfort University and he is a former President of the British Institute of Professional Photographers.
- 2012 saw Gotts appointed MBE in the Queen’s New Years Honours List.
- Gotts is noted for his magnum opus ‘Degrees’ which was inspired by the game, the Six Degrees of Kevin Bacon; BAFTA – ‘Behind The Mask’ and the Monty Python reunion.
- BEHIND THE MASK: The biggest collection of BAFTA-winning actor portraiture ever assembled to take over the entire west wing of Somerset House.
- SAVE THE ARCTIC with VIVIAN WESTWOOD (GREENPEACE)
- Current projects for 2019 includes ‘iCons’ for the Elton John AIDS Foundation as well as a personal project ‘UNSEEN’.